Sydney's wedding reception









Some of you may not know that I'm part of a swing dancing community - more specifically, a Lindy Hop community. That, actually, is how I met my husband. We know Sydney from dancing, and were attending her receptions as guests but I couldn't leave my camera behind!



Then disaster struck. Seriously- the actual photographer's camera battery died. Right before they were going to cut the cake! I was so grateful I could be there to cover cutting the cake, their dance together, throwing bouquet etc. Because the official wedding photographer couldn't. So here's my plea: If anyone reading this plans to photograph a wedding, HAVE A BACKUP PLAN! Have an extra battery or an extra camera. Bring extra memory cards. We all know that mistakes happen, but you can't reschedule a wedding. I wish I had a picture of the look on this guy's face when he muttered "I guess you'll have to finish this reception". I pray I don't ever have to feel that way.


Moral of the story, be a boy scout. Be prepared.

Oh, and on a more important note, Congratulations to Sydney and Nick. :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment