Studio photography

A few years ago I worked at Sears Portrait Studio. Photography had previously been a hobby of mine, but at Sears I got the idea to run my own business. It made me sad to see people pay $150+ for only 10 photos on a CD (taken by a photographer with 3 weeks of training) and a few enlargements. I hoped to earn more than $7/hr for myself and not charge as much for my clients. That's how I got started. I've really enjoyed learning about many different areas of photography - I try to focus on something new each month (engagements, bridals, weddings, headshots, action, babies...) and this month I did a mini studio in my tiny little apartment. It was a little bit pathetic in our living area: I pushed back the couches, hung up sheets on the wall, and searched through my stuff to gather props.

Some of the results:

Baby Cameron and Brother








Baby Sebastian and Family








Baby Lydia






After the sorry attempt for a studio that week (even though the photos turned out nicely, I was still embarrassed to invite people in :D) Thomas and I moved to a 2 bedroom apartment in American Fork. I will be running a studio out of our second room. $50 sessions through the month of June! Feel free to contact me, as always, for more information. And I promise this one will look a little bit more professional :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment